Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grayer Guy- 9 months

My sweet little boy is 9 months big. He still seems so little to me. Grayer guy is our sweet, squirmy, smiley budsy. This little boy adds so much joy to our family. From his mischievous looks and curious spirit, to his pouty lip and head hanging cry, he keeps us constantly laughing. I have horribly neglected to document his little life so far. We are definitely not lacking in pictures, or videos for that matter, but I have not written much down on paper, and there is so much about this stage with this little guy I do not want to forget...









...like how he sleeps with his little bottom in the air, cuddling his cow lovey...

...and how he's not quite sure how he feels about being one in the line-up of his sister's dolls, even though Cambell Grace makes him light up and giggle faster than anyone.

I want to remember how he pouts with his entire face...
...smiles with his entire face... and LOVES playing with his tools.

I do not want to forget that he either has his hands or whatever else he can get his hands on in his mouth...

... or has his arms out to the side as if he were going to take off in flight. Seriously, everyone who has been around him any length of time has commented on how his arms are ALWAYS perpendicular to the rest of his little body, especially when he is being held.

I need to remember his capacity for focusing in on whatever it is he is looking at...

... and how he wears his emotions on his eyebrows rather than on his sleeve...

...and how serious he can be... especially when he is eating or around new faces. For Grayer, the eyebrows say it all.
Grayer guy, I love the way you wave with your whole arm when someone you love comes into view, the way you look back at me and then take off quickly when you are going somewhere you are not supposed to go, how curious you are about EVERYTHING, and how when you meet an unfamiliar face, you survey them closely with your eyebrows furrowed before giving them your sweet Grayer smile. I love the way you started pulling up even before you could crawl, because you just HAD to see what was going on above you. I love how you look at your sister, giggle hysterically when she plays peek-a-boo with you, and wait until she has put the final touches on her block towers to hurry over and demolish them. I absolutely love the way you rush over to shoes and try to eat them before anyone discovers our failure to put our shoes out of your reach. I love how you bounce while holding on to the coffee table when you hear music, and are quite vocal with your feelings- whether happy or sad. You are so curious and do not miss a thing. I foresee very tiring toddler years ahead, but you are more than worth it. I am beyond thankful that you have seemed to grow out of most of your health "issues". You got tubes in your ears at 7 months, after basically one long ear infection your entire life, and it has made a HUGE difference. You do not have to have daily breathing treatments anymore, which is wonderful for your mommy. You are just pure joy to me. I would never put you down if I didn't have to, or if you would let me :) You are your father trapped in a baby's body... and I LOVE it.

Our little family of four at Grayer's dedication at Harris Creek Baptist Church.

Grayer's first day of Parents' Day Out... He loves his teachers, riding in the buggy, and consoling his little friends when they are sad. I love hearing about these things :).

video

I could not be more thankful for these nine months with our budsy!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh Storey. This just made me smile all over. What a blessing that sweet boy is, not only to you, but to the world as he grows up. Thanks for sharing :)